Tuesday, April 20, 2010

36 weeks = No Progress!

I had my 36 week appointment which went great....but I've made no progress. I saw a different OB than usual and she said that I'm between a 2, maybe 3 and 50% effaced. UH! Ok, I know that means G will stay put until atleast 37 weeks (or as Dr.Brink said....she'll be there until full term) but I was just hoping I would make tiny bits of progress so when I did go into labor it went much faster than normal, haha-in my dreams, right?!

So, of course, I cried like a baby after my appointment. I was just frusterated, I want to meet G SO bad (plus, I've turned into an emotional pregnant women, apparently). I love being pregnant but I just can't wait to hold her and love her and be a mommy.

Good thing Jeff was prepared for moody, pregnant Jessica because he sent me this in an e-mail later that day.......

"Even though G is going to hang out for a full 40weeks when she does come she will quickly find out how amazing of a mother and wife you are! We both love you sooooooo much! "

Ok, so that made me feel a wee bit better ;-) We talked about all the things we look forward to last night. Jeff says he can't wait until we get to play frisbee with a little girl running around and I said I can't wait to see her run to him when he comes home and call him daddy :-)

Ok baby G...I know your stubborn like me but I'd love it if you came just 10 days early and would arrive before or on Mother's Day!! What an amazing present that would be! Just keep that in mind, until then I will try to please you with chocolate and bubble baths :-)

2 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

I've been stuck at 3cm for the last three weeks! ITs sucks!!! But today I lost more of my mucous plug so "hopefully" were progressing more.
I love love love the very last line of your post.... Little G will for sure love you if you keep giving her chocolates and bubble baths...
My fiance told the doc at our last appt. that he was gonna hold a plate of cookies down "there" so my little Obadiah (Obi) will want to come out...*ha ha ha* dads are funny.
I agree with you on the excitement of seeing the dad hold and love the baby.. I think it will be the sexiest moment of our relationship! there is just something about a fathers love ya know......
Well many many blessings on you and little G.
CINDIE

RiverWed070707 said...

Hang tight mama -- even though you're full term, baby G is hanging out becuase she needs to bake a little longer...only she will know when she's ready. I'm SO happy this pregnancy has gone relatively uneventful for you!

Oh- and "can't wait to be a mommy" -- that's nonsense. You already are!