Tuesday, April 13, 2010

35 weeks!!

Today I had my 35 week appointment with Dr.B. My BP looks great, which is awesome news. She said G is measuring in the 47% percentile for weight and our ultrasound looked great too. She asked how the contractions were going and I said fine...but I thought I lost my mucus plug this weekend (sorry-I know, a little too much info). She was a little surprised by that and decided to check me. And sure enough...the mucus plug is long gone! She said I'm 2.5-almost 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced but babe is still -2 station. G still hasn't dropped yet, but she said when she does I'll probably go into labor right away since right now I'm dilating without any pressure yet from G's head. Dr.B also said she doesn't think I'll make it to my 38 week ultrasound, but babies have a mind of their own so we'll just have to wait and see! She also did the Group B Strep test and said if I went into labor before that came back (next week) they would just put me on antibotics during labor, just in case. I'm supposed to go straight to L&D if I have contractions that are 5 minutes apart and stay that way for an hour-no matter how painful.

I'm ready for G, but I just hope and pray she's ready and healthy so she doesn't need to spend any time in the NICU. That is the last thing I want-my baby girl that I've waited sooo long for to be stuck in a NICU bed for days:-( I'm also really worried about Jeff working...he travels hours away from home everyday for his job and I'm so worried I'll go into labor and have to be stuck at the hospital for hours without him-or at worst deliver without him! I'm hoping his coworker can help him out quite a bit and he can do most of the jobs around DSM!!

Well that's all for now! I'll update with any progress over the next week! Until then, Jeff and I are just relaxing, walking, playin frisbee-enjoying our time as a family of 2 :-)

1 comment:

gee said...

oh wow g sounds like she's ready. all the best for you and wishing you a fast and smooth delivery. hope g hangs in there a bit longer so she doesn't have to be in NICU.