Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Basement Living Room Idea Board



I've started some ideas for the basement! I origionally painted the walls a creamy yellow (not what I wanted!) and was going to leave them, but now I think I'll repait. We already have a dark brown couch and ivory arm chair/ottoman so we'll be using those. The big screen will go down there and be mounted on the wall and then we'll just need a little stand for media storage. I want to do a creamy tan on the walls with burnt orange accents. As I'm looking online I keep having to remind myself that we'll be having kids soon (God willing) and their play room will be down stairs. So, I need to keep all the decor kid friendly! This is my first attempt at polyvore and their design area so it's a little ruff, but you get the idea!

I really love the idea of the stackable trunks as end tables, such a cute idea! I want everything pretty neutral so it's easy to redecorate if I get sick of the orange. We're working on the basement more this weekend so hopefully I can throw up some more pics next week! SOOO incredibly ready for this whole mess to be done!! YAh!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Looks great! I would love to do a big chocolate brown sectional for our basement, but for now we are using hand me down furniture from Scott's parents. :o( All in due time, I'm sure!!