Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July!

Just so you guys know..I updated with about 4 posts today, thought that might be less confusing than writing everything in one big post!

Our 4th of July weekend was fun and busy! Friday Jeff and I worked in the basement, then went to 80/35. It was held in a park downtown with a bunch of bands playing, not really my style of music but Jeff loved it.

Before we left Jeff gave me my anniversary present 4 days early :-)Jeff has never been good at keeping secrets, he basically told me he bought me a ring a month before he proposed! lol. I usually just pick something out for my birthday,etc but this year I told Jeff I just wanted some more of my Chanel perfume. I did hint around at really wanting a 3 band right hand ring, but didn't think he 'got it'.

Well Friday he went out to get the mail and came back in with a package. I asked what it was but he just ran into the kitchen with it. lol. Then he says, can I give you your anniversary present now because I can't wait to give it to you! I laughed and said ok. So he told me to close my eyes and slid a beautiful ring on my right hand :-) It's beautiful, but simple. There's a square diamond band in the middle with a band on each side of that with tiny round diamonds. I looove it! Of course, we definatly could of used that money for something else but I'm so glad he did this on his own!

He definatly suprised me, and since my right finger is a size bigger than my left he mentioned I could wear it on my wedding finger if my fingers swell while I'm pregnant. hehe

Here's a pic! Finally figured out how to get my camera to take a good pic of it!


We spent the 4th with my family and it was lots of fun, although the weather didn't really cooperate! My cousin got the idea to make a 'slip & slid' down the hill of my aunts house. The kids looved it and so did the guys! Lol. Here are a few pics...







We went to watch fireworks with them also. My cousins twins sat with us and they are soo funny! I love how they interact with each other, Cael is always so worried about his twin sister Tava. She burnt herself on a sparkler and Cael kept checking her owey, wanting to see if the 'sprinkler' burn was better. haha.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

What a beautiful ring! Happy Anniversary!