Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nighttime Necessities!

Gianna has been a bad nighttime sleeper lately. I thought we were stuck with this for the long haul...until last night :-) So here's some stuff we now can't live without!

First-If your having a baby, you need the book Baby 411. A friend recommended it to me so I picked it up, figured I wouldn't use it all that much because I could just google whatever I wanted to know. However, both Jeff and I have gone to that book for answers a million times! It's nice to know the info is accurate and we can get to it fast-getting on the laptop isn't as easy now :-)

We also love our Womb Sounds Bear...on Tuesday night G would not go to sleep...she would only sleep for about 45 minutes each time so finally I ran downstairs and grabbed the womb sounds bear and she slept for an hour and half! We got so excited! haha. But really-she loves it, it helps her to sleep because it's so quiet in our house at night.

We also love our Angelcare Movement Monitor. I couldn't sleep really well before because I am so afraid of SIDS and this helps to ease my mind. We haven't had any false alarms and it has a little 'ticker' that lights up everytime there is movement so you can easily just look to see she's still breathing ;-) That helps momma to sleep better!

Jeff suggested we get a Sleep Positioner because when G is swaddled at night she kind of rocks herself back and forth which keeps her up. I did some research and decided we should get one...I read they also make the baby feel like they are being held because of the pads on the side. Anyway-best.thing.ever. She only woke up 3 times last night...12,3,6!! AMAZING! Jeff and I were exstatic! Now, I just hope it wasn't a fluke! haha

We also got a wipes warmer-people say they don't work but we love ours (again, something Jeff had to talk me into getting). G hates getting her diaper changed but she doesn't cry at all when the wipes are warm :-) Definitely worth the money!


3 comments:

Allyson said...

Would totally have to agree with you about the sleep positioner. We had one I didn't want to use because of SIDS and after a few nights of no sleep it was worth trying and E slept GREAT! We used our sleep wedge for 4months, then she started rolling and it had to go. So glad to hear G is sleeping and mom and dad are getting to sleep too!

Kristen said...

those wipe warmers are amazing! For my first son I refused to buy one because I thought they were a little ridiculous. 5 years later with baby #2 I realized how beneficial it would be, it's something that I recommend to all moms! Glad the sleeping is going better! My youngest one woke up every 2hrs like clock work until he was 14 months old! :-(

Lindsey said...

Hey.. Jess, you don't know me, but I went to school with Jeff in Sibley.. anyway, glad you found a good book to reference.. another good one is the Better Homes & Gardens New Baby Book. I still use that book to this day and my daughter is 6! The other thing we use to help her sleep at night is a lullaby cd on repeat in her room. I have had a cd player under her crib/toddler bed/twin bed since she was born and she has slept through the night since she was 2 months old! We play the Baby Einstien Lullaby Classics.

Take Care,
Lindsey H