when I hear that people are due soon or in labor. I know it's crazy to say but looking back I loved labor and delivery. It was such an amazing bonding experience for Jeff and I-I saw a whole new side of him. He was so supportive and looking up at him when G was born and seeing tears in his eyes just touched me so much! Yes-L&D wasn't a walk in the park at all...but looking back it was an experience that I will never forget and can't wait to do it again :-)
With that said...I wouldn't go back to that day for anything. Gianna is 11 days old and seeing Jeff as a dad is so incredible. He was so afraid of babies before G and never wanted to hold newborns but right after G was born she was in his arms and he was a natural. Now he's such a great dad...he is always entertaining her with his stupid faces and playing with her toes and fingers. She loves to sleep on his chest and can get her to sleep way faster than I ever can! He's just such an awesome dad-I have fallen in love all over again with my hubby.
Gianna is changing sooo much. Everyone tells us how tiny she is but she is getting SO big! She just started making eye contact....true eye contact where she watches you while you talk to her (before she would just look at you and around the room-not concentrating on anything). She makes the cutest faces ever and sleeps with an arm in the air (Jeff always says...."Yes Gianna-do you have a question?") She pouts out her bottom lip all the time and smiles when she starts falling asleep. My baby girl is growing up so fast and so big!! I can't image what another 11 days will bring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I know exactly what you mean! I've delivered two babies and they were both very scary & intense deliveries. I have to have a c-section for our next baby cause it's just not safe for me to have vag deliveries... I am sooo sad about that! It's an amazing experience & creates an awesome bond between mother & father...
Post a Comment