Last night we ended up going to the ER...but no worries, all is well :-) When I was little I had some heart palpatations and chest pain every once in awhile, but after testing and appointments it was nothing to worry about. It's been years since I've had any pains like that but last night on my way home from work I had about 5-10 minutes of chest/heart pain followed by a dull ache in my heart. I decided to call MyNurse through Mercy, thinking they would just have me follow up with my OB the following day. A few minutes later I got a call from the OB on call whom I've
never met and he said we needed to go to the ER to get checked out. So off we went to the new West ER which was actually really nice! Within seconds of walking in the door we were checked in and I was being wheeled (yes-they made me go in a wheelchair!) down to a room. After being hooked up to heart monitors for an hour and a half they decided all was well and it was just the palps I felt as a kid, probably onset from increased blood flow and decrease space for my organs. Dr.M called me today and said all the labs/heart monitor results looked fine and I should call him again if this happens regularly.
Then today, we had our 22 week growth ultrasound! Baby G is measuring great...weighing in at 1lb1oz! She was squirmy as usual and wouldn't give us a good 3D pic, but we got some great 2d ones! Jeff even said he thinks she has his nose and after comparing his and her profile, I think she's going to look just like him!! My coworker even commented on how she looks like Jeff! haha. I always said I wanted a little girl with lots of hair that looks like her daddy :-)
We also met with the Perinatologist, Dr.D. We LOVED her, she was amazing. If she delivered babies she would be delivering G :-) She said right now G looks great but has a marginal or Vene-something cord. She also has two placentas, with the cord attaching in between each of them. The concerns right now are that G gets enough nutrients and is growing. We have monthly ultrasounds until 36 weeks, possibly increasing them to bimonthly if we need to. She told us all the 'what-if' scenario's and what they would do. She said I needed to be eating 3 large meals plus 2 snacks a day!! Right now I feel as though I eat plenty but apparently not. I've gained between 6-9lbs, depending on the day so I guess I need to eat more. Of course "dr. plotz" aka Jeff had a million questions and I think he's going to become the food police. She also told me I need to slow down on dancing...I can still teach but I can't be dancing the whole time. I emailed the owner of the studio to discuss what that meant for my lil girls classes. Dr.D also said they may have me completely cut out excersize, possible modified bedrest and possible inducation between 35-36weeks depending on how our little girl is doing. She said if she's growing right on track they'll let me go to 40 weeks but no later. So we could be holding our girl anywhere between April 19th and May 19th...holy cow!!
Ok...If you've made it this far and read that whole post, congrats! I would have gotten bored after the first paragraph :-)
I'll leave you with some cute ultrasound pics and bare belly pics...
A better 21 week picture....








2 comments:
You are so darling! I miss being pregnant! I have a 7 month old now & see bump pics and want to be preggs again! Enjoy every second!
You are glowing- beautiful! =)
Jess, I am so happy that you are okay and that your appointment went so well! I'll update prayer group.
Post a Comment