Friday, November 13, 2009

Saint Gianna

I'm not Catholic...but I found this really touching...and in a way I think God has this plan for us all along....

I told my fellow 'nesties' that we were planning on naming Baby P, Gianna. One of them asked if I knew about Saint Gianna. Of course I hadn't so she explained to me that Saint Gianna is the patron saint of infertility. They are shrines in Catholic churches all over the world where people can light candles for infertile women and pray to Saint Gianna. (I've also read that some women place her gloves over their tummies and they are able to conceive) I just thought that was really amazing. Saint Gianna actually ended up dying in childbirth, she had cancer and refused to abort her baby. The birth of her child killed her.

It's kind of crazy how things come together...less than 10 years ago I got the knickname Gia...which turned into our idea of naming our little girl Gianna. And then we went through infertility and by a miracle and Dr. C's help we concieved our little baby girl.....Gianna :-) Pretty amazing huh?!

No comments: