Thursday, January 19, 2012

Carpe Diem

I saw this link floating around facebook this week and just took the time to read it. It's pretty much amazing and describes my life, almost, exactly.

Go read it and then come back...

I will tell you, I've said "Enjoy every minute", especially to new moms because I felt like I didn't enjoy every minute. Being a mom was freakin exhausting and stressful, especially the first year of Gianna's life. The first 3 months I think Gianna and I both cried more than we've done in our whole life. G was colicky, she cried a lot. I still remember (very vividly) the hours I bounced on the exercise ball trying to get her to sleep or stop crying. I remember when my mom came over and rocked her for 2+hrs while she cried, just because she wanted to cry. Now I realize it's ok I didn't enjoy every minute. I did have a million of those moments when I stopped and really looked at Gianna. Those moments when I noticed how much she looks like her daddy. How even those the last months have been the hardest months of my life, I wouldn't change it for a million dollars.

And now, watching 3 kids (plus my own) there are days when I just want to get out of the house and have 30 minutes of ME time. Jeff will sometimes say, 'you still want 4 kids of your own?'. My answer...yup, I do! I maybe exhausted and tired and cranky, but that doesn't change a thing. I don't know why, it's just a momma thing I guess.

Anyway...I've babbled and babbled and this post has no point. Other than to share a great article. An article that reminds us moms, that we are all doing a great job. I also hope it reminds us all to not judge those moms who seem to have lost their marbles at Target. To be honest, we've all (or will be there) one day. So don't judge...just give them the 'look'. The look that (that I've gotten quite a few times while my toddler has thrown a full on temper tantrum in the grocery store) says "I understand. You're doing great. No judgements here!"

1 comment:

mommy baum said...

love this post, love that article, and i am so there too! ;) thanks for sharing!