Tuesday, May 10, 2011

G is (almost) 1!!!!

Wow....it's been almost a year.

Almost a year ago I woke up and told Jeff G would be born today.  Almost a year ago I called my OB to tell him I was in labor, and he didn't believe me. Almost a year ago I held a precious, tiny, cone-headed baby in my arms; in complete awe and amazement that she was really here and really perfect.

Today she is an energetic, loving, adorable little girl. She loves to brush her teeth with her new toothbrush and tooth paste. She is talking up a storm; I swear she learns a new word every day! Her new words right now are elmo, banana, up, and dog. Of course, not all of them are pronounced correctly but we know what she means. (nana-banana, dug-dog, uPPPPP-up...you get the idea ;-) ).  She is stubborn in the walking department though. She is incredibly fast at crawling and really has no ambition to walk. She will and can walk-but it's a rare day when she decides to use her little legs to walk.

She is such a silly little girl too... she loves to crawl around on the couch and then fling herself backwards against the pillows. She scares the crap out of me that she will fall off the couch though-knock on wood, it hasn't happened yet! And she still puts everything in her mouth...even dirt and rocks and leaves. Yuck! Atleast she knows to spit them out in my hand on demand...this is a phase I'm ready to pass ;-)

Right now she has a fever and ear infection but I'm hoping the meds kick in soon and she starts feeling better! Her molars are coming in too-her gums are so swollen, poor babe. I'm excited for her birthday though and really excited for her big birthday party!! Let's all say our prayers that the rain stays away though!

We also finished her birthday present-the play kitchen! Pics and info on my other blog... Click here!

No comments: