We have a long way to go though! Jeff and I have decided to work on paying off our student loans and car payment so we are only left with our mortgage payment. It isn't going to be easy and we'll still give ourselves 'fun money' so we don't get burnt out. Basically we are going to sell some junk we've been compiling on craigslist and start using cash. I'm hoping if we use cash instead of our card we'll start spending less money on junk (and put the extra money to debts!)
I added a ticker on the left. I'm just using the 'countdown' for one loan at a time-hopefully it will keep us motivated!
Wish us luck! We'll be using Dave Ramsey's snow ball debt process!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
My husband and i are just starting the Dave Ramsey class! Our goal is to be debt free in 2.5 years when J graduates from school! It'll def be hard but we have our fun money as well so that helps!! Good luck!
We started the Total Money Makeover with Dave too! So far we're doing really good. Good luck! It will be great when we are all debt free.
good luck! Josh and I did the cash thing for the first 3 years of marriage & are talking about doing it again too! we had a coupon folder and labeled the pockets for the essentials and put our budgeted cash in each pocket... and if it ran out, it ran out!! needless to say we did end up eating ramen or mac n' cheese a couple times... hope it goes well for you! you can do it!!
Post a Comment