Thursday, January 13, 2011

My little peanut is EIGHT months old!


Oh boy...I still think of her as being 6 months. I'm just not ready for her to be older than 6 months yet! My baby is growing up way too fast!

Here's what Gianna has been up to...

*She weighs about 18lbs (I weighed her on our scale at home)

*She wears anywhere from 6-12 month clothes.

*She still only arm crawls but she's gotten more adventurous and goes everywhere now. The other day I found her crawling under the kitchen table!

*She can find the tiniest pieces of junk on the floor. The other day she found a fuzz ball from a sweater and stuck it in her mouth. YUCK! I can't keep up with all this cleaning!

*She is FINALLY starting to sleep better. The last month has been really hard. She wasn't sleeping good (up all the time a night) and naps were hard. The other day Jeff asked about her formula because I had bought the same brand but the packaging had been changed and look similar to her can of Similac Sensitive Soy. Well this tub was Similac Sensitive. Oh boy did I feel terrible! The Sensitive stuff was made with milk protein (she has MPI-milk protein intolerance). We threw that tub away and started her on the pink can of Similac Sensitive Soy and things are slowly getting MUCH better. The bad new is that that means she may always have to have soy milk, which means my 300oz of breastmilk in the deep freeze may need thrown away :-(

*She loves to play with other kids! I'm trying to get out more (which is hard in this Iowa weather!) so we can go to playgroups. I'm also going to try to leave her at our gym's childwatch so I can work out. We'll see how that goes... I'm so nervous!

*She likes to feed herself and really loves to eat whatever I'm eating.

*She loves to walk behind her stroller and does pretty well pulling up on things if they are low enough for her to reach.

*She sleeps with one paci in her mouth and one in each hand. Uh oh! Just like her mommy. Only I'm going to try to wean the paci at 1 yr, no way will she have a paci in preschool like I did!

Ok that's alot of info. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: