Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Confession: I think it's our fault...


As most of you know G didn't sleep at night the first month of her life... She would sleep great during the day but be up at night every hour for an hour. So we followed everyone's advice and tried to keep her awake and stimulated during the day....big mistake. We shouldhave just let her be a baby and let her figure it out on her own...

I think we made a bad connection between napping during the day. (day time is for play only! no sleep!) Right now G is awake for 1-2hrs, then sleeps for 30 minutes exactly. Not that I hate that schedule..but she needs more sleep. I'm just letting her do her thing, hopefully eventually she'll grow into longer naps.

We have to keep her room pitch black during naps, because otherwise she just stares at everything and doesn't sleep. I guess as long as she's sleeping we aren't going to worry....yet. I just don't want her to always be a bad napper!

So new momma's...let your baby be a baby. Just try to help them learn daytime vs night time. We would get up every morning and open every blind/curtain and turn on every light and did the opposite at night. I think that alone would have done the trick eventually! Oh well, like Jeff said...we'll know better next time :-)

Off to attempt get G to nap before we go to work. (Oh yes...new post later about my new job at the YMCA! I work a whopping 4-8hrs a week! haha)

If anyone has tips or positive stories about cat/short nappers-please share :-)

No comments: