Sunday, July 25, 2010

Productive Parenting


Gianna & Daddy in her Hawkeye cloth diaper!

I'm sure every mom feels this way...they want to help their child learn and grow as much as possible. I love to play with Gianna but always wondered if there was something more I could be doing to help her learn more or better (do ya know what I mean?) A friend recommended this site called Productive Parenting and I love it! You have to register your child & their age and then they will send you emails (or you can check the site daily) on different ways to play with your child each day. The daily activities are based on the age of your child. I love this because it gives me different ideas on ways to help Gianna learn while playing, plus then I'm not boring her with the same old songs, books and faces each day! (For example, yesterday they gave me a new rhyme to sing to her and today they suggested humming or whistling to her)

I also want to teach Gianna sign language and I found a sight I love! It's called My Smart Hands and has a great video dictionary of the main signing words! Just today I started signing a bit with G, I know most parents don't start until about 4 months but I figured it would take me awhile to learn all the signs and get used to doing this consistently. On the website it says most babies will start signing back at 6-11 months, so we have a ways to go but I can't wait until she does her first sign!

No comments: