Friday, September 25, 2009

Ladybug Costume

My SIL asked if I would make my niece, Jayla, a halloween costume. Jayla wanted to be a ladybug so I went hunting online for some cute ideas! I found a couple ideas and after getting the ok from Court I was off to crafting :-) Below is the idea we had...
I got a pair of red wings from the dollar store for, well, a dollar. Then spent about $7 at Joann's getting red tulle, a black ribbon, and black felt. Tonight Jeff was at a concert so my family came over to hang out for awhile and my mom helped me cut out circles. I tied the tulle onto the ribbon and sewed the circles onto the wings and tulle...tada! A ladybug costume! Still need to get a headband and some 'antennas' but that should be easy. Court is going to get black tights and a black leotard for Jayla to wear along with the tutu. I can't wait to see pictures of her on Halloween!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

How adorable! That costume is so cute!